Welcome!

Hello! I'm glad you've dropped by and hope that you find encouragement, insight, and a few laughs while you are here and take them along on your mommy journey.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What This Is All About

What does it mean to be a mom?  The obvious answer is that it is different for every woman.  This is, of course, very true.  We come in all shapes, ages, backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences.  Some find themselves becoming a mother before they felt they were ready and some become a mom after they thought they had, for the most, part retired from the position.  There are those that have a laid back approach while others are a constant presence.  Certain subjects can become quite controversial because of our differences.  However, it is my belief that we can all agree that motherhood is a journey.  No matter the type of journey, it is one on which we can grow and learn.  It is a journey that can make us stronger and have a tighter grasp on the person we are and perhaps the person we could be.

It is my goal that through this blog is that I can share with others moms my journey and what I learn along the way.  This isn’t to say that mine is a journey that is something special, but it is on my heart to encourage others, because so many times encouragement from other moms has been so important to me.   

My posts won’t always be about how I have figured everything out, but instead, about how my ducks have gotten way out of order.  So many times, all we need to know is that other moms aren’t perfect either. 
You will find that I will not only include my thoughts and words, but those of mentors as well.  I am blessed to have many mentors in my life.  From my own mother to authors whom I greatly admire, I receive advice and guidance from several different sources.  It is my hope that you will also benefit from their wisdom and experience.

Please feel free to get to know me a little more by reading the “About Me” section located on the right hand side of the page.  Now, I want to know more about you.  Tell me what your journey has looked like and where you would like to see it take you.  Tell me what kind of mom you strive to be.  What have you learned so far?  

For those that would like to follow my blog I welcome you. To those that only want to check back every once in a while, I will enjoy having you when you check in.  And to those that have stumbled onto this blog by accident, I hope you can at least find something worthwhile while you’re here.  I excited to begin sharing with all of you!  There’s no telling what we’ll learn from each other!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great start! I wish you the best on your blogging adventures. Don't be discouraged.

    ReplyDelete