Welcome!

Hello! I'm glad you've dropped by and hope that you find encouragement, insight, and a few laughs while you are here and take them along on your mommy journey.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nothing for Today...and Yet...

I have to be honest, I really have nothing today. I have pondered all day what to share with you all and I keep coming back to...nothing. Do you ever have those days?

On these type of days, I face some of my biggest challenges as a mom. I feel a little lost and everything that tries to beckon me out of the fog and back into a clear world is a nuisance. Patience is thin and vision is blurred. And with my vision blurred I start to question other things, such as my place as a stay at home mom. I doubt my calling. I think that is the worst part about these types of days. I hate not having goals and a vision, well at least not being able to see them clearly and pursue them with a decided course. I lose sight of who I am and what my place is here.

I know my little guy picks up on this. He gets confused because mommy is in "a funk." No matter how I try to act normal, he can always tell in his young mind.

I can't help but think of the character that Meg Ryan plays in You've Got Mail, Kathleen Kelly. She is owns a children's bookstore, the same one that her mother owned. One day, she asks her boyfriend what it is that she actually does to which he replies that she is a "lone reed." I think of this on those days and I ask myself, "What is it that I do?" But the answer of "lone reed" is not accurate. That's what I want to get across with this post because I know that almost every mom out there asks herself this question from time to time. This is one of the things that I want to communicate with this blog: that we all fail sometimes, sometimes we all lose sight of vision, we all have days where we feel like "supermom," we all have days that everything is clear and life is a beautiful thing. Be encouraged that many other moms have shared in what your day is today whether it's a great one or a challenge. We've all been there or will soon have our day in that place.

This is not a post for pity, but is instead just something encouraging sent out to, in Kathleen's words, the void. So, as Kathleen would say "goodnight void," I hope you've found this to be encouraging. I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment